Saturday, October 19, 2019

Weather Flower

So, I was chilling on tg/osrg/ and I came across this neat image:

My first thought was how much cooler and more reasonable this is than just rolling on a table. My second thought was 2d7?!

So, I promptly embarked on fixing this wayward image to make it usable by 4th dimensional mortals. As you'll see, I even included a method for seasonal variance.

As it stands, there's only an eleven percent tendency to move in the direction of 7s,  so if you want even greater seasonal variance replace the numbers as follows:

And finally, here's a snip of the excel sheet I used to model this stuff. On the left, in red, are the odds if rolling on the higher variance layout, and on the right, in blue, are the odds for the layout in my original revision. Enjoy!

P.S. If anyone knows who created the original, I'd like to credit them for it as well as ask what the fork a 2d7 is.

No comments:

Post a Comment